I know that the last test date was yesterday but here are a few unofficial tips for ACT testing. Maybe they can help some I'd you in April. Otherwise they are still kinda a funny read.
1) don't dress like shit. Been there done that. It doesn't help. The act of getting dressed wakes you up and gets you in the zone instead of sitting there waiting till its over so you can go back to bed.
2) If you have contacts, wear them!! It's hard to hold your head up with glasses in the way and they will end up hurting your nose.
3) jewelry has pros and cons. Don't wearing anything to dangly or that you aren't used to.
4) don't come in on a sugar/ caffeine High. You will crash. And burn terribly.
5) if you got up late and missed breakfast, don't just eat a tiny snack. You will end up even more hungry than if you had shown up on an empty stomach.
6) go potty before the test.
7) wear old, comfy, reliable underwear. Let's face it you probably aren't going to meet your next bf at the ACT, so you can leave those silky lace thongs at home. You don't want to have to stop in the middle of reading a passage to "readjust" you positioning because you just had I wear cute ones today.
8) layers. Testing rooms are not controlled variables. They can range anywhere from desert heat to sauna humidity, to Arctic chill. The best is to have short sleeves with a top layer jacket. Something to keep you warm but not too bulky where you can't work in it.
Feel free to post your unofficial tips below in the comments. 😊