Monday, December 26, 2011

Ohana Means Family...

...Family means no one gets left behind. 

Starcrossed (Starcrossed, #1)Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini
My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Songs for this book: Hey Summer by The Bigger Lights , Only Place I Call Home by Every Avenue, Dark Blue by Jack's Mannequin


Wow, so how to write a review after an ending like that?

So at first I didn't know how I felt about Helen. In the first chapter she was so shy and self conscious it was so irritating. The the next few chapters she was a bitchy, self contained, zombie girl and that was probably even more annoying. Then we finally found some middle ground when Lucas stepped up to the plate. Let's all take this time to take a large inhale an then let it out in a gigantic group sigh for Lucas. Ready? Ohhh Lucas! *sigh* he is quite the dream boy.
But it's not jut Lucas I'm in love with I adore the whole Delos family. honestly I'm infatuated with this family. Ari is the kindest person, Jason is all sauve but so gentle hearted, hector had to grow on my bit he is kinda the perfect older brother. Cassie also took some getting used to but she just loves her brother and doesn't want to see him get hurt. Plus she has got a lot on her plate for 13 years old.
This whole story is pretty heart wrenching. But kinda in the best way possible. The story is full of ups and downs which give it so much dynamic you can never be bored. Once you finish this story it is so difficult to then look back and see that the beginning is the same book. The characters grow so much. I also want to give kudos here, this book must have taken so much research and it shows. Really a killer job.
As with any good book of this genre, the ending left me hanging on to the tiniest sense of hope, City of Bones style. In the awful way where part of you wants to throw the book against the wall in frustration ( which would be a bad idea since I read this on my kindle) and the other is immediately scanning the Internet for the release date for the next book and any kind of spoilers you can find. All that said it truly was a beautiful ending, and while I didn't see it coming (should have paid more attention to my percent finished tracker), Where it ends only makes me all the more excited in anticipation  for the coming book. I have been trying to think of possible outcomes and loop holes and coming up blank. I can't wait to see what ends up coming to be.
This book definitely made it on my favorites for this year, I completely recommend it. But if you don't handle cliffhangers very well, suffer from fiction boyfriend obsessions, or are a really impatient reader when it comes to sequels, I suggest you proceed with caution and anticipate your possible side effect from reading this book. But read it cause it's totally worth it!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment