Thursday, September 1, 2011

Lightning Strikes the Heart.

Betrayal
Betrayal by Mayandree Michel

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



Yes Finally! This book was so very long, it seemed endless at times. In a way I really enjoyed this because I really got to know the characters and the whole story. But on the other hand, it was soooo long. I kinda just wanted to finish it. And I wasn't upset when it ended. I realize this is the 1st in a series but I really wasn't left with that great longing to read the next book. By this I dont mean I don't intend to read the next one, simply that Michel wrapped up the end so nicely there was little to complain about. In fact she may have wrapped it up too well for a series, b/c why mess with a good thing? Either way I have to hand it to her, she has a way with endings. there are view authors I can say the same about. While the beginning was rather rough and choppy, confusing and at times more than a little frustrating, once she finally gets into her story it all just comes together. The last 3/4 of the book were a truly capturing reading.

*note: this is my Goodreads review I intend to add more soon!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment