Sunday, August 21, 2011

A Boy Among Men


Invincible SummerInvincible Summer by Hannah Moskowitz

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Songs for this book: Don't Worry Now-Britt Nicole

by the end of the 17th summer I felt the book had reached its climax and i was ready for the ending. I kinda skimmed the 18th summer but i still cried. i cried a lot in this book. more than in any book ive read in quite a while. i didn't weep mind you. just a tear here and there. Chase and Noah's relationship just gets to me some times. There are no words for what those two share. So the fact that Moskowitz can make you feel what they have, if even for a moment, shows true talent.

Despite the cover, this book really wasn't about girls,bikinis on the beach, or any kind of girlfriend relationship. What it was about was love. Not falling in love, but simply Being in love. Being in love with the people around you. It's about a brothers love for his family and the cost of that love.

If you ask me this is anything but a happy tale. It has its moments but truly I see this book as real, pure raw emotion.

Read this book. It is in a class of its own.

Official Overview:
Noah’s happier than I’ve seen him in months. So I’d be an awful brother to get in the way of that. It’s not like I have some relationship with Melinda. It was just a kiss. Am I going to ruin Noah’s happiness because of a kiss?

Across four sun-kissed, drama-drenched summers at his family’s beach house, Chase is falling in love, falling in lust, and trying to keep his life from falling apart. But some girls are addictive....

Not your typical beach read.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment