Sunday, August 21, 2011

I'm Laughing on the Inside...


The Blonde of the JokeThe Blonde of the Joke by Bennett Madison
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

 honestly as much as i wanted to understand it, i couldnt. I waited and waited to find out wats was wrong with val's brother only to find out no one knows. I waited and waited to find out what the holy grail was only to never find out any more than it was $3.(unless i just missed a paragraph?) I truly wanted to love this book but i couldnt wrap my head around it. i was left with too many questions. (why did max disappear? why did her brother die? what was wrong with everyone in this town?)


One thing that really bothered me was how the narrator kept sliping in and out of reality. just when something added up she would be like "psyc! that never happened". ok so i didnt get the end. maybe i will try again sometime because when Val asked me if i was laughing i want to know why i should have been laughing.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment