Sunday, August 21, 2011

Mashup


Hex Hall (Hex Hall, #1)Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

ok, yes, I know it's late but I just finished Hex Hall and I really wanted to write this review tonight.

To start off, I'll be candid: I judge books by their covers. I know it's wrong but think about it, why read a book where the cover doesn't make you wanna sit down and finish it. And to me the cover of Hex Hall just looked like a strange mix or sabrina theteenage witch meets Halloween Town meets Rory Gimore at chilton. (sorry that was kinda harsh but true)
But over this spring break I was bored so I picked up this book and started it. And I kept reading cause it was so easy to read. Igetting into the story wasn't a struggle and geting to know the characters wasn't forced. I for one, and I great mega_fan of the mortal instrument series along with the other paranormal books I've read. Really helped me understand what was going on with te different references to the seelie court and ect. (wondrous strange is also a good book to rference)

The plot here was slightly cookie cutter, I saw enoug of the twists already coming but at the same time the book didn't fail to surprise. And as far as Archer Cross goes the relationship hthere greatly reminds me of the Gallager Girls books. (i would say more but I try not to spill to many secrts :)


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment